- Home /
- Medical Assistant
Metropolitan Technical Career Institute Medical Assistant Certification
Interested in becoming a Medical Assistant?
Physician practices, urgent care centers, and specialty offices are looking for qualified Medical Assistants in Hernando County, Citrus County, and the greater Tampa Bay, FL.
Call MTCI and begin working towards your new career.
A Medical Assistant may
- Authorize drug refills & provide prescription information
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Sterilize instruments, dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Collect blood, laboratory specimens, log prepare for testing.
- Contact medical facilities to schedule patients for tests
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians’ instructions to patients.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, office supplies equipment.
- Keep financial records and perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit and collections and mailing monthly statements to patients.
- Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation or completing insurance forms.
- Prepare, administer medications as directed by physician.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
The Medical Assistant certification is made up of the following modalities:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Medical Admin. Assistant
- Medical Terminology – home study modality
- Anatomy & Physiology – home study modality
- Pharmacology – home study modality
- Course length: 7 – 12 months; 1300 hours
- Course offered: Days & Evenings
- Campus location: Brooksville, FL
High school diploma or GED
TABE test score: Reading 10.0, Math 10.0, Language 10.
- Cost: Please contact a Student Advisor for Tuition costs- payment plan available
- Low deposit and registration costs
- Deposit in non-refundable, however if student is unable to take course they may apply the deposit amount to another MTCI course – within 30 days of payment.